Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Game Over? I guess not...

Sunday morning, when I flipped over the newspaper, I came across an article on the editorial page. Writer Chetan Bhagat of the ' Five Point Someone' and ' A Night at the Call Center' fame urges the citizens of India to boycott the Commonwealth Games. He feels the corruption of some of the ministers must be punished, and he sees this as the best opportunity to do so.
Mr. Bhagat, I duly respect you and your opinions, I would however ask you  of that the nationality that you hold. If you claim to be an Indian citizen, I need not remind you of your duties as a citizen. Boycotting the games by the Indian nationals would be insulting the country on and international forum. I myself would like to see the corrupt ministers punished in such a way that no one in the future dares to commit such crime. But never at the cost of the country's reputation.
Mr. Bhagat, is this another publicity stunt like the previous one for that happened after the success of '3 Idiots', where you claimed you had not been given the credibility for your work? The inhabitants of this counrty have brought you the name and the fame, since they were the readers of your literature. Besides after being named in the Time Magazines ' 100 Most Influential People', I sincerely believe that a little share of the responsibility towards the nation falls under your kitty. I'm afraid this extremist opinion of yours may qualify for the 4th Mistake of Your Life.


I will most certainly support the games, and so will millions of Indians!


3 comments:

  1. Ceratinly Chetan Bhagat has already committed his 4th mistake of his life by creating status quo emblem in this country.Because of such writers the authentic writers and literature wave could not be flourished in India.There is a big vaccum of genuine indian writers.its really true if you are at such position u have to act in a responsible way.Truelly commercialization lead to deterioration whether it is literature or any thing else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Great punch with the "this may qualify as the 4th mistake of your life" :)

    ReplyDelete